What if you’re offered all the ingredients to kick start your career as a Marine Engineer?
Don’t hesitate and join a fast growing Marine company with unique transportation solutions on water!
Roll Group, founded in 2006, is a worldwide known expert in heavy transport both on land and sea! The exceptional combination of transportation and installation capabilities enables Roll Group to offer complete Factory to Foundation solutions. Combined with engineering expertise and unique know-how, this makes Roll Group the preferred heavy cargo partner offering effective, innovative and sustainable services.
The Engineering department consists of around 20 young and ambitious colleagues divided over 3 teams, all reporting directly to their Team leader. Everybody is working for the same purpose and willing to take an extra step towards success of the company. Besides work they make plenty of space for relaxation including regular BBQ’s and team events!
The Engineering department is responsible for the engineering of projects related to the Heavy Transport Vessels of Roll Group. It is your challenge to create the requirements of our clients into efficient solutions.
The Junior Marine Engineer is responsible for the technical engineering and execution of our projects. You monitor and co-ordinate the work with departments, subcontractors, and clients on engineering issues. Furthermore you will:
- Be involved at the start of a project, attending the handover from sales to Engineering/Operations.
- In collaboration with the cargo superintendent, work out the engineering (how will it be loaded, how will it be secured);
- Have direct contact with the customer and prepare the transport manual (this describes the whole operation, drawings and calculations). If it is a challenging cargo and desired by the cargo superintendent, you will join the preparations on board and the execution of the loading and sea fastening;
- Assist with client and Marine Warranty Surveyor;
- Be responsible for drawing up a material- and equipment take-off list;
- In case required you support the execution of projects on site. Occasional traveling will be part of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent;
- You are at the start of your career or just got your first experience within the Marine Industry;
- You must possess knowledge and experience using 2D and 3D AutoCAD;
- Technical knowledge of lifting / transport calculations, stability / motion analysis and structural calculations;
- Knowledge of Marine rules- and regulation standards;
- Excellent in English is a must, Dutch language skills are a huge advantage;
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel);
As a person you recognize yourself when we look for; work independently, good planning skills, act pro-active, show flexibility, accuracy and being a Team player with great communication skills.
Roll Group possesses all the ingredients to support you at the start of your engineering career. It’s not just a job, you follow a career path! On top of that they offer:
- Have an excellent package including; great starting salary (up to € 3000), holiday allowance, travel allowance, working from home allowance, attractive pension, international travel allowance, compensation for health insurance and more;
- Opportunities to work flexible in their offices (Capelle a/d IJssel, Breda, Sassenheim) and from your home office;
- Support from the start, training on the job and every opportunity to gain experience and grow towards an engineering position.
The recruitment and selection process for the position of Junior Naval/Marine Engineer is carried WFS PRO BV. You can send your resume and letter of motivation to Ina Marin via [email protected]