Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
Responsible for the preparation of commercial and technical proposals for governmental end customers (national and international) in relation to defenseand security products & services of the company. Working in a multi-disciplinary team in the proposal process under the guidance of a proposal manager. Guiding and coordinating technical and commercial activities of combat systems for new ship designs and for maintenance or refits in above water and underwater sensor systems, weapon, command and control systems. This results into an integration of systems into a naval combat suite for Damen naval ships. With finally the delivery of a winning proposals in accordance with customer needs and within internal planning for proposal timescales and budgets.
- Is responsible for the preparation of high quality combat system proposals in line with customer expectations, on time and within internal budget for ships proposal preparation.
- Providing a capacity planning, including required internal hours and costs before executing a proposal response.
- Ensuring that customer requirements are translated into a feasible, well-balanced and optimized design and/or support solution.
- Providing coordination to design engineers and other team members in the proposal process; Preparation of all required design documents and other relevant documents, calculations and drawings.
- Coordination and provision of an adequate and accurate technical definition and a specification consistent with the estimated cost and master planning.
- Supporting in the preparation of different plans as required in the proposal ensuring their consistency, which includes: Master Planning, Building Strategy and Management Plans.
- Liaising with other departments within the company for information, alignment and optimal project results.
- Support and revision of the cost calculation process ensuring accuracy, completeness and adequate reflection of the technical definition and planned project execution.
- Assist in discussions with customers on the design and/ or support solution, specifications and other documents.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
- A bachelor or Master degree in Electrical- , Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology or another relevant Technical Study.
- Hands-on experience in manufacture & subcontract management of complex systems.
- Experience in hands-on coordinating a commercial design & proposal process; Expertise in a variety of engineering concepts and practices which include engineering experience.
- Experience in design & integration of (combat) systems preferably in complex new built naval ships.
- Competent in the English language (English : written & verbal CEF B2 or higher);
- Able to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
We highly value our employees and will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Interested in this job? Need more info? Please send your resume to email@example.com or call +31 6 11618742