Conscious Aerospace BV
The world around us is changing, more and more we are facing the effects of climate change, a change is needed. No, a change is crucial! For the aerospace industry this means developing & implementing manners of propulsion with a limited or zero carbon footprint.
We are awake, we aware, we are Conscious Aerospace! The Dutch tier 1 company, located in Ypenburg – The Netherlands, that will deliver its first Hydrogen Aircraft Powertrain and Storage Systems retrofit kit by 2028. Join us on our journey to a future green aviation! For more information please check our website: http://www.consciousaerospace.com/
Conscious Aerospace is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Engineer, Fuel Cell Systems in our Engineering department.
You will play a key role in the development & integration of Hydrogen Powertrain technologies in a variety of aerospace applications. You will be part of a highly motivated team working in a fast-paced environment delivering pioneering engineering solutions.
• Design and analysis of Hydrogen storage and distribution systems;
• Work closely with suppliers and partners to ensure development and on-time delivery of specified tank and related fuel system components;
• Apply knowledge and understanding of the requirements and methods for showing compliance to certification standards;
• Hydrogen fuel system layout, component placement and packaging design;
• Functional and safety analysis of the different fuel system architectures;
• Analyze, verify, and validate performance of hardware and software components (where applicable) in a hydrogen fuel system in aerospace applications;
• Support the development of validation and verification plans of the fuel system for regulatory compliance (DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, and EASA/CAA);
• Support the execution of developed validation and erification plans;
• Develop and maintain P&IDs, drawings, diagrams and Interface Control Documents (ICDs) for hydrogen fuel system components and subsystems;
• Support planning and execution of air-vehicle-level integration and tests;
• Translate system level requirements into hardware designs that meet or exceed requirements
• Planning and execution of verification testing;
• Testing data analysis and reporting;
• Initiating corrective actions based on test results;
• Work on trade studies and interface definitions;
• Exercise critical thinking and innovative problem solving;
• Support new business pursuits including white papers, proposals, invention memos and simulations.
• Knowledge of design and practical experience in using compressed gas systems;
• Solid understanding of fuel cell systems and their major components;
• Accredited Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics qualification;
• Knowledge in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and gas dynamics;
• Basic knowledge of layout and requirements for storage systems for Fuel Cell vehicles;
• Working knowledge in developing/applying system safety analysis methods;
• Experience in using CAD design software.
• Cryogenics knowledge and or experience, especially in liquid hydrogen;
• Experience in development and layout of hydrogen storage and supply systems for fuel cell vehicles or other mobile applications (fuel cell buses, fuel cell trucks, aircraft, ships, etc);
• Experience in specifying, verification and testing of gaseous compressed hydrogen fuel system components;
• Knowledge and experience in specifying subsystems and components in cryogenic liquid hydrogen fuel storage and supply systems;
• Experience and Knowledge of Development Assurance and ARP4754A and AC20-174;
• Proficient in requirements development for aerospace systems and hardware;
• Experience in Engineering Simulation Software (ANSYS, MATLAB Simulink, Python).
What we offer:
• Contributing to realize the vision on true zero emission aviation: a revolution in the aerospace!
• An inspiring working environment in a highly motivated team with mixed experiences and backgrounds;
• Market competitive salary and secondary conditions;
• Long term cooperation with continuous professional development.
Ready for take-off?
Information with regards to the recruitment procedure: interviews are planned until December. Start is scheduled for Q1-2023. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Maurice Taks, +31(0)615341393. If you want to apply, please send your resume to [email protected]