N+P Group is looking for a SHEQ Advisor who will provide full support on implementing the SHEQ systems and procedures across N+P group’s plants in the UK. Are you hands-on and able to deliver a positive health and safety culture at a waste and recycling company focused on CO2 reduction? Contact us!
N+P Group is an international company that has been fighting the global waste problem for over 30 years. They have contributed to a better and greener environment thanks to the development and execution of innovative solutions for residual materials. N+P Group separates waste and provides a consultative approach to their customers in recycling and recovery of their waste. Furthermore, N+P group converts the remaining non-recyclable waste into alternative fuels and secondary raw materials, which can replace fossil fuels and primary raw materials in order to reduce CO2 emissions. Therefore, N+P Group is contributing to the solution of the global waste problem in several ways, and not without success: N+P Group is growing rapidly and they serve many large and international customers. The area of activity covers all of Europe, as well as countries worldwide. This success has been built by a dynamic and committed company culture with colleagues who are result-oriented, responsible, communicative and cooperative.
As a SHEQ Advisor you will be responsible for supporting the on-going transition of SHEQ associated systems and documentation and its implementation across the business. You will be based predominately from our operations in the North East with the requirement to travel to other operational sites and facilities across the company’s portfolio as required.
- Creating and implementing a range of systems, processes and documents to deliver continuity and improvement in all aspects of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality.
- Ensuring that SHE-Q processes meet the requirements of ISO standards (ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 45001).
- Providing SHEQ advice and guidance to operational sites and undertake audit and review function to ensure compliance.
- Identifying, from findings relating to incidents, near misses, hazards and inspections, where improvements and/or modifications to the management system are required and providing technical advice and guidance to prevent reoccurrence;
- Supporting the business in the event of incidents and emergency situations: by investigating incidents, and fulfilling a role as part of the company’s incident response team;
- Ensuring that the functional managers and supervisors within the business understand their responsibilities for managing the Health & Safety of their teams;
- Assisting in the development of analytical review of incident data and the production of reports;
- Producing and communicating briefings to the business of any material impacts arising from new legislation or HSE documents or industry alerts
- Undertaking formal inspections, audits and reviews of operational activities to ensure the Health & Safety management system is operating in accordance with its aims and objectives
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
To be N+P Group’s SHEQ Advisor, the following qualifications, experience and skills are essential:
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent level 3 qualification in Occupational Safety and Health.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Health & Safety role advising a business on systems and processes and/or have had a front line Health & Safety responsibility.
- You have experience of being instrumental in documenting and/or implementing and monitoring a management system to OHSAS45001 that has achieved or retained a recognised certification by an accredited body.
- You are skilled in the use of MS Office, SharePoint, PowerAutomate and PowerBI with a demonstrable knowledge of reporting H&S metrics and to draw conclusions from statistical analysis.
- You have good communication skills with the ability to liaise confidently both verbally and in writing.
- You have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively innovate and work independently and under pressure.
Besides being part of a dynamic and international working environment with great colleagues and atmosphere, N+P Group offers you:
- Fulltime job, from Mon-Fri (40hr)
- Competitive Salary £40k / 45k,
- £6k car allowance
- 25x days annual leave
- Company Pension
If you are looking for a new opportunity and are interested in this job at a company where everyone is committed to creating a greener future, please apply by sending a cover letter plus your resume to Yessica Wiersma via [email protected]