GKN Fokker Elmo – Hoogerheide
With almost 2400 employees, GKN Fokker Elmo is part of GKN Aerospace and stands for a high level of quality, innovation and excellent performance. GKN Fokker Elmo is a leading player in design, manufacturing and support of Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) for Aerospace and Defense programs.
Fokker Elmo Engineering performed and is performing EWIS design and development projects, such as amongst others the F-35 Lightning II (JSF), A220, A320NEO, A330NEO, Boeing 787, Aerion AS2, (Hybrid) Electrical aircraft, Urban Air Mobility (UAM) aircraft and numerous aircraft engine programs, such as for instance for all the P&WC Geared TurboFan engine applications (A220, A320NEO, Irkut MC-21, Gulfstream G500/ 600, Dassault F6X, Embraer 170E2/ 190E2, etc.).
The Shop Floor Scheduler manages the execution of the MPS in the Value Stream. It includes the management of visual systems to communicate / monitor the sequence of production orders, ensuring the availability of resources (tooling, raw material…etc….), Create and maintain sequenced production execution which through production change-over optimization will ensure maximum capacity utilization.
- Sequence work orders in line with MPS for specified products and production lines understanding all the physical and manning constraints of these lines.
- Monitor manufacturing output/performance daily against the schedule, challenging and understanding whenever performance differs from standard.
- Monitor Stock cover daily in order to avoid Stock outs as well as overstocks by adjusting the execution sequence if possible or raising the issue with the Master Scheduler.
- Maximize shared manufacturing resource output/utilization while ensuring full coherence with MPS product mix, volumes and required availability dates,
- Ensure that sequenced plan:
- Is feasible and balanced,
- Includes all scheduled downtime (Holiday, routine maintenance, Line closures, etc.),
- Is supportable with available packaging, tooling, fixtures, manning, etc.
- Monitor availability of raw material / components and escalate as required to Procurement / Master Scheduler.
- Proactively communicate/escalate to the Master Scheduler / Value Stream management potential production execution issues/constraints to trigger preventive actions against potential supply failure.
- Weekly track, challenge and report to Management team Schedule Adherence with reasons for deviation,
- Ensure actual run-rates, batch quantities and changeover-times data are tracked and regularly updated in systems
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor-level in Logistics and/or relevant trainings ORTechnical College+ level reached by 5+ years experience within planning/logistics
- Excellent social and communication skills;
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- Proactive and problem solving attitude;
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Excellent knowledge of MS office and knowledge of BAAN (or other ERP systems).
Are you excited about this job opportunity? Please respond for this job opening by submitting your CV and letter of motivation by e-mail before the 31th of March 2021 to email@example.com
Puk Steenbergen of WFS PRO is acting on behalf of GKN Aerospace and can be contacted through email or phone (+31 (0)6 27 11 83 39) in case of questions / remarks.