Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) specializes in design and construction of Marine vessels for the Royal Dutch Navy as well as various other clients worldwide. DSNS is part of Damen Shipyards Group, the largest Dutch shipyard that definines shipbuilding all over the world. DSNS has 450 employees and is based on a modern and innovative engineering department consisting of 120 highly skilled engineers who are responsible for design, basic- and detail engineering for all Marine vessels built in Flushing as well as various other Damen Shipyards built vessels.
The Electrical & Automation department is part of the multidisciplinary Engineering department and responsible for the design, specification, selection and integration of all electrical and automation systems on board of our vessels. These systems are very extensive and include electrical power distribution, lighting, platform automation, navigation, communication, networking and IT systems and much more. All systems are based upon Client requirements and applicable rules & regulations, while they are engineered in close cooperation with suppliers, co-makers and other departments.
The main activities within this department are:
- Requirements Engineering and development of conceptual system designs.
- Development of technical specifications for (subcontracted) systems.
- Technical review of offers from suppliers and co-makers, together with the procurement department.
- Development of functional system descriptions and diagrams.
- Integration of electrical parts and systems in close cooperation with the main co-makers.
- Management of all electrical/data interfaces between (subcontracted) systems.
- Routing of cables in a 3D CAD environment.
- Development and review of test protocols.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests for main subcontracted systems.
- Support the building yard during production and commissioning till delivery of the vessel.
- Contribute to design studies and proposals for new projects.
Responsible for the Electrical and Automation part of engineering within our projects. Involved from the first (proposal) phase in the project to setup a solid work break down and planning structure for all tasks that belong to the E&A discipline. Leads a small/mid-size team of several (senior) E&A Engineers during the execution of projects, in order to deliver the required engineering output. Will be ultimately responsible for the desired quality, timely delivery and reporting to the Project Manager Engineering. Coordinates these activities with regard to quality, progress and planning, manhours and budget.
- Leads a small/mid-size E&A engineering team (2-10 people) during the execution of (naval) shipbuilding projects.
- Coaches the E&A engineering team to work according to internal standards.
- Composes Work Break Down structures and assign labor/cost budgets.
- Delivers quality engineering work on a timely basis to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Contributes to the engineering process by developing and reviewing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans.
- Manages vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Organizes design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Verifies technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Performs technical analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Monitors and controls manhour budget and makes progress reports to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Coordinates technical support or commissioning activities for projects under contract.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Class and the customer.
- Contributes to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Technical Automation or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) year experience in the design and installation of Electrical & Automation systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experienced to work in large project environments with high complexity.
- Experienced in leading a small/mid-size Engineering team up to 10 people.
- Project Management skills on higher level.
- Experienced to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Able to structure work packages and get them realized according to the contracted planning and labor/cost budgets.
- Used to work on Class-regulated products.
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Prepared to work on other locations than the regular office location, in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Good command of Dutch and English language, preferably also German (written & verbal).
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Interested in this job? Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more info call Toon on +31 6 11618742