Avion Group(www.aviongroup.aero) serves an international customer base with simulation products and pilot training. The company activities include professional flight training and the building and operation of flight simulators and simulator centers globally. All these subsidiaries; Avion Simulators, Avion Training, Avion Lease and the Simliner training centers are part of Avion Group, located in Nieuw-Vennep, the Netherlands. Avion Group was founded in 2015 and has since proven to be an innovative yet cost-effective player in the aerospace industry both in their products as in their services.
Avion Grouphas been expanding rapidly and is now looking for a:
Core Software Engineer
Location: Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
About the job
Avion Simulators BV is looking for a Core Software Engineer to help with the development of core software for the Airbus A320 Full Flight Simulator. The core software facilitates the distributed real-time simulation of all models required for the simulation. It also provides a way for the user to interact with the simulation via the Instructor Operating System and it is responsible for generating the simulated graphics for the cockpit displays. It also consists of several Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) which are used by developers and simulator maintenance personnel.
Design and develop supporting tools for the core framework:
- Real-time monitoring
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Graphics Generator Editor
- Diagnostic Tools
Maintain and upgrade key components of the core framework:
- Real-time scheduling
- Shared memory
- Multi-node synching
- Graphics Generator
Required/Desired Skills and Experience:
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of experience with software development in C++ and Java.
- Experience with software development for Windows and Linux Platforms.
- Experience with GUI development in Qt.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong work ethic: comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to maximize productivity.
- Affinity with Real-time simulation, distributed computing and multi-threading.
- Understanding of data structures in memory and network protocols such as UDP and TCP.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of OpenGL.
- Familiarity with reverse engineering of code and troubleshooting.
- Experience with markup languages (HTML, XML, LaTeX) is a big plus.
- Experience with designing web-based applications.
- Knowledge of the Scala programming language and / or Unity game engine is a big plus.
What does it mean to work for Avion Group?
- A challenging job in a successful and entrepreneurial environment where initiative and a high degree of freedom in acting are basic principles
- Great influence and responsibility on the outcome of technically challenging projects
- Based on your current experience, Avion Group offers a personal training plan based on company strategy, your ambitions and interests.
Do you think you meet the criteria and are you up for a new challenge? Please send your resume and motivation letter to MauriceTaks (email@example.com). WFS PRO is taking care of the recruitment process. Any questions or need more info? Feel free to call Maurice Taks +31 (6) 15341393