Fokker Technologies is a division of GKN Aerospace and a leading global aerospace specialist. Fokker develops and produces state-of-the-art advanced aircraft systems and components for aircraft manufacturers and provides integrated services and products for aircraft owners and users. The company was founded in 1919. The head office is located in Papendrecht, the Netherlands. Fokker Technologies is active on locations in the Netherlands, Romania, Turkey, Canada, Mexico, the US, China, India and Singapore, and employs around 4,900 people.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified candidate for a Database Administrator opening to join our organization in Papendrecht, The Netherlands
Database Administrator Papendrecht, The Netherlands
You play a key role within the centralized IT organization of GKN Aerostructures & Systems, Europe & Asia (ASEA). In addition to your involvement in all major changes and your joint responsibility for daily management, you also participate in local IT projects in the role of operational manager to consultant.
Within our IT organization, the transition is currently underway from a decentralized to a central IT organization, set up within the Holding, in accordance with the “1 Fokker IT” strategy. As a Database Administrator you protect our IT environment by continuously improving the management and maintenance of the databases of vital business applications. Working in standby services is part of your job.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
As a Database Administrator you take ownership and take care of the complete handling of assigned notifications / changes. You guarantee the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the infrastructure. You are also responsible for:
- diagnosing and solving software and hardware problems according to the agreed SLA standards;
- performing backup, recovery, performance and tuning of databases;
- assessing changes with associated impact and preparing the (monthly) report;
- incident, change and problem management and documenting procedures and work instructions;
- compliance with relevant procedures, business rules and SHEQ, security & export compliance regulations.
- A specialist who easily shares his knowledge with colleagues and learns from their expertise. Together you come to the best solutions;
- A strong personality, team player, communicating easily at various levels and knows to set priorities;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in IT with a focus on Database technology (Oracle, SQL);
- Eager to learn and show initiative by independently working with new technologies and becoming familiar with them;
- Follower of the developments in your field;
- Thorough knowledge of Oracle database 10, 11 and 12;
- Very good knowledge of SQL server 2008, 2012 and 2016;
- You master the Dutch and English language in speech and writing;
- At least successfully completed a Bachelor study.
Your Take-off & Route:
The application period for this position ends on the 27th of May 2019, after which the selection process will be completed in June 2018. The start of the Database Administrator’s mission is planned for July / August 2019.
The Fokker Technologies organization exudes a passion for technology and our employees are rightfully proud of what they develop and build. Fokker Technologies has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer a challenging position, a great team, development & training, and exciting opportunities to further enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
The recruitment and selection of the Database Administrator is carried out by Maurice Taks of WFS PRO BV. You can send your application (cv with motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.orgFor more information about the position, please contact Maurice Taks on +31 (0) 6 15341393.
“All personal data that you provide during this recruitment procedure will be handled carefully in accordance with the GDPR”.