With more than 2000 employees Fokker Elmo B.V., part of Fokker Technology, stands for a high level of quality, innovation and excellent performance. Fokker Elmo is a leading player in the design, production and support of electrical cabling interconnection systems (EWIS) for aerospace, space and defense programs. Through their knowledge, experience, tools and processes, Fokker Elmo supports the aircraft and engine programs of their customers.
In light of new wiring design & development projects, the global Design Engineering department of Fokker Elmo is seeking to expand her workforce with a (temporary):
Design Engineer, EWIS Components and Constructions
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the of design and validation & verification activities on Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) Components and Constructions (components assemblies). This may involve activities in performing trade-off studies, advise on selection of Components, Component and Construction qualification, writing technical reports and working together with our Senior Design Engineers. In this case your activities are related to various civil- and military aircraft engine wiring development programs, for example: UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) and Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC).
You will report to the Engineering Team Lead (ETL) of the EWIS Components & Electronics (ECE) design group within Engineering. The place of work will at the Fokker Elmo Head Quarters in Hoogerheide, The Netherlands.
The following qualifications apply for this position:
- Design processes and methods/standards;
- Aerospace Components (Parts and Materials) specifications, including Substitutes and Equivalents;
- Environmental conditions in aircraft;
- Wiring harness (mechanical) construction design;
- Components- and Construction design verification reporting (similarity, analysis and testing);
Fundamental knowledge of:
- Quality Management System;
- (International) design standards and methods;
- Parts & Materials application in wiring harnesses;
- Validation & Verification process;
- Configuration management process.
- At least three years of working experience in the aerospace engineering area or a similar environment;
- EDM tool usage (Dassault Systems, Smarteam);
- MS office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access).
- Teamwork: Able to work constructively in a small team taking responsibility for assigned tasks and willing to support other team members in achieving team targets and deadlines;
- Results-driven: Able to plan own work in line with project schedules, and report progress regularly and timely in the event of issues or delays;
- Communication: Fluent English in speech and writing, ability to communicate clearly and concisely (including technical reports) with flair and forthcomingness.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Systems, Electrical Engineering or similar subject field; or an equivalent level obtained through appropriate work experience;
This position can be fulfilled on either employee or contract base.
Information / Applying:
WFS PRO takes care of the hiring process of this position. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Maurice Taks (+31 6 15341393). If you want to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org