+31 (0)85 902 36 31
In light of upcoming new wiring design & development projects with her customers WFS PRO is looking for:
Senior Electrical Design Engineers (Functional design)
As an Electrical Design Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of the functional design of electrical wiring interconnections, i.e. EWIS Functional Design. This involves analyzing design requirements, performing trade-off studies, making design choices and designing wire harnesses constructions and interconnections (From-To definitions), processing of aircraft systems data packages (files), writing technical reports and support continuous functional improvements of the Engineering tooling environment, through integration and concurrent engineering with international and multi-disciplinary teams and together with system suppliers and OEM customers.
The Design Engineer will report to a Lead Engineer or Work Package Manager. The place of work can vary depending on the project but is most likely in Europe or North –America. The below qualifications apply for this position:
- Design processes and methods / standards;
- Requirements validation;
- (International) drawing standards and methods;
- System design (components, constructions, schematics, wiring diagrams);
- Main routing architecture / topology definition;
- System safety analyses
- Separation / segregation rules
- Grounding and bonding definition
- Wire and cable sizing, voltage drop calculation
- Integration aspects of design;
- Wiring harness functional design;
- Design verification (reporting of deviations);
- Configuration management principles.
Fundamental knowledge of:
- Aircraft and systems;
- Parts & Materials of Wiring harnesses;
- Environmental conditions in aircraft;
- Interconnection systems;
- System architectures;
- Wiring Harness installation design 3D geometry;
- Wiring Harness manufacturing
- Basics of electronics and mechanics.
- At least 5 years of working experience in Aerospace industry;
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools;
- MS office: (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio).
- Assertiveness: Willingness to learn and to broaden own knowledge; takes initiative to help improve processes and procedures;
- Teamwork: Able to work constructively in a small team taking responsibility for assigned tasks and willing to support other team members in achieving team targets and deadlines;
- Results-driven: Able to plan own work in line with project schedules, reports progress regularly and timely in the event of issues or delays;
- Communication: Fluent English (and preferable also Dutch) in speech and writing, ability to communicate clearly and concisely (including technical reports) with a reasonable amount of flair / forthcomingness.
Through our Customers we can offer fixed and/or temporary contracts. Possible starting date is depending on the project but generally within 1 to 2 months from application.
Do you think you meet the criteria and are you interested? Please send your application to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or need more information? Pleas call Maurice Taks 0031(6) 15341393