+31 (0)85 902 36 31
- Address Daalakkersweg
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group (MADG)) is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea. We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
In 2018 the MADG won a tender with the Dutch Armed Forces, division DMO (Defensie Materiaal Organisatie), to sustain up to 1500 new container systems. This is part of the project DVOW (Defensiebrede Vervanging Operationele Wielvoertuigen) set-out by DMO, on behalf of the Dutch Armed Forces. These containers that will function as mobile offices and workshops, contain the newest technologies and means of communication, are resistant to eavesdropping and protected against rocket & poison gas attacks. The containers also contain 3000 ‘subsystems’ including air conditioning, humidifiers, diesel heaters and generators.
For the sustainment of the container systems the MADG has set-up a new support organization at their Dutch head office, located at former Naval Base Valkenburg. To further expand its support organisation in the Netherlands MADG is looking for a:
Field Service Engineer (FSE), region: South of the Netherlands
The FSE will be responsible for the provision of this maintenance support throughout the planned life of the delivered container systems (mainly the systems located in the south of the Netherlands).
Reporting to the DVOW Senior Support Manager (overall responsible for Dutch support organisation) & Lead FSE and as part of a growing team of FSE’s, the FSE will provide the point of customer contact within The Netherlands. Responsible for:
- Undertake preventive & corrective maintenance of container systems.
- Modify, test and repair electrical / mechanical / hydraulic systems.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction by resolving technical enquiries, understands customer needs and communicates issues to different stakeholders.
- Provide Customer Training to military technical staff & other customers in regards to MADG container systems, acting as company ambassador when dealing with customers.
- Willing and able to deploy to operational areas (non-combat) in support of the DVOW container systems.
- To deliver maintenance training and to monitor the quality of 3rd party maintenance training delivery when required.
- Manning the customer Help Desk to support technical calls and correspondence to/from the Dutch military stakeholders.
- Attending various (virtual) meetings such as Tool box talks, 6 monthly Continuous Improvement reviews and team meetings.
- Take part in Product Development activities.
- Providing logistical support for moving parts or containers as required.
What we believe is the right skill set to be successful in this position:
- A Technical College degree (MBO);
- At least 3 years of technical hands-on experience in a service – support orientated environment, plus a willingness to be trained;
- Good understanding of electrical and/or mechanical systems;
- Able to understand the customer’s (internal and external) needs, and able to communicate these to the appropriate areas within the business;
- Able to react to the changing requirements of the customer, ensuring the customer is stays satisfied, while protecting the interests of the company;
- High degree of independence and integrity, as a great deal of the time will be spent alone, working at customer locations, while still contributing to team spirit and upholding it;
- Excellent verbal and written Dutch & English communications skills to converse professionally with colleagues, sub-contractors, customer and other stakeholders;
- Capable of working with modern ERP (tablet based and app based) tools;
- Willingness to travel abroad for short periods and at short notice.
- Willingness to undergo a military background check.
Please note: possible suited candidates with a military service history and/or reservists position,
are strongly requested to apply. Your application is highly appreciated.
Working location: The Netherlands. Working from home-based and the office at Naval Airbase, Valkenburg (several days per month, if required). This role will require periodic travel to the UK (approximately 5%).
MADG will provide:
- A challenging surrounding within a highly motivated and growing team;
- Solid primary & secondary employment conditions, such as: a company van, communication equipment (such as iPhone, Tablet and/or Laptop) and home office provisions
- an induction program and training program in the Netherlands and UK (depending on COVID-19 situation).
- Team events with the wider Marshall Netherlands team.
How to apply
Are you excited by this job opportunity? Please respond for this job opening by submitting your CV and letter of motivation by e-mail before the 1st of September 2020 to email@example.com
Rein van de Ven of WFS PRO is acting on behalf of MADG and can be contacted through email or phone +31 (0)6 46 26 04 31 in case of questions / remarks.