Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world, delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
In 2018 the Marshall Aerospace and Defense Group won a tender with the Dutch Armed Forces, division DMO (Defensie Materiaal Organisatie), to sustain up to 1500 new container systems. This is part of the project DVOW (Defensiebrede Vervanging Operationele Wielvoertuigen) set-out by DMO, on behalf of the Dutch Armed Forces. These containers that will function as mobile offices and workshops, contain the newest technologies and means of communication, are resistant to eavesdropping and protected against rocket & poison gas attacks. The containers also contain 3000 ‘subsystems’ including air conditioning, humidifiers, diesel heaters and generators.
For the sustainment of the container systems the Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group will set-up a new organisation in Leiden, The Netherlands as a development of their Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group NL. For this new organisation Marshall Aerospace and Defense Group is looking for an
Lead Field Support Engineer
The Lead Field Support Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for the day to day provision and co-ordination of maintenance support throughout the planned life of the delivered container systems.
Key Tasks are:
- Carry out the duties of a FSE when required, set-up and manage a team (up to 6) of FSE’s and task in-country sub-contractors to deliver the In-Service Support. Report to the DVOW Support Manager.
- To provide a main point of contact for all related DVOW enquiries generated from Help Desk telephone, e-mail or Fax and provide acknowledgement within 2 working hours.
- Analyse all maintenance and configuration requirements to ensure the correct resource is allocated at the correct time and place together with required spares and consumables. Ensure that scheduled maintenance is carried out as required by the maintenance plan. Monitor maintenance budgets and control internal costs to maximise savings.
- Delivery of initial, steady state and surge training i.a.w. the Training Plan for FSE’s and Dutch military personnel. Deliver maintenance training and monitor the quality of 3rd party maintenance training delivery when required.
- Deploy to operational areas in support of the container systems (Non-combat situations).
- Ensuring that all spares and consumable items are available from the in-country supplier at the designated drop-off points for the FSE’s to complete their daily tasks. Liaise with the in-country logistics supplier to enable the movement of sub-systems being backloaded for repair.
- Management of the vehicle fleet associated with the FSE team.
- Management of all NL based sub-contractors delivering support services to the program.
- Ensuring the FSE work environment is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain a professional environment for customer service team to thrive to solve problems and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
What we believe is the right skill set to be successful in this position:
- An Technical College or Bachelor Degree (MBO/ HBO);
- At least 3 years of technical hands-on experience in a service – support orientated environment plus a willingness to be trained;
- Good understanding of electrical and/or mechanical systems;
- Able to manage and lead a team of FSE’s with a focus on their engagement, welfare, performance, training and career development;
- Able to understand the customer’s (internal and external) needs, and able to communicate them to the appropriate areas within the business;
- Able to react to the changing requirements of the customer, ensuring the customer is kept happy while protecting the interests of the Company;
- High degree of independence and integrity, as a great deal of the time will be spent alone, working at customer locations, while still contributing to team spirit and upholding it;
- Excellent verbal and written Dutch & English communications skills to converse professionally with colleagues, sub-contractors, customer and other stakeholders;
- Capable of working with modern ERP (tablet based and app based tools);
- Willingness to travel abroad for short periods and at short notice.
- Willingness to undergo a military background check.
Please note: possible suited candidates with a military service history and/or reservists position,
are strongly requested to apply. Your application is highly appreciated.
How to apply
Are you excited by this job opportunity? Please respond for this job opening by submitting your CV and letter of motivation by e-mail before the 1st of March 2019 to email@example.com
Maurice Taks of WFS PRO is acting on behalf of Marshall Aerospace and Defence and can be contacted through email or phone (+31 06-15341393) in case of questions / remarks.