Due to gradual growth, our client, an independent naval architecture and engineering company and maritime knowledge-sharing leader in its branch, is looking to strengthen its Structural Department with a Lead Structural Engineer. The position is full-time.
• Making design based on concepts, specifications and rules and regulations
• Making Direct calculations
• Giving solutions to efficiently integrate mission equipment into the holistic design
• Having an expert role in project teams regarding classification regulations
• Checking and supporting less experienced engineers
• Working together with the Head of Engineering and Project Manager to make a technical planning.
• Establishing and maintaining the C-Job standard
• Maintaining contact with external parties like clients (ship owners and shipyards) classification bureaus, suppliers, etc.
There are many possibilities to develop yourself to Senior Structural Engineer or Project Manager. Also there is always room for in- and external training. .
Profile of the Lead Structural Engineer
• BSc. or MSc. degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years working experience in the Maritime Industry.
• Able to perform direct calculations.
• Checking and designing Main Cross Sections and Construction Plans
• Able to perform Equipment Integration (like thrusters, main engines, etc.)
• Knowledge about Classification Regulations and Software (e.g. Poseidon and/or Mars)
• Passion for everything afloat, driven intrinsically and supportive
• Involvement and curiosity to solve complex challenges
• Outstanding Communication skills in English. Speaking Dutch is a plus.
What is the offer
Our client has excellent primary and secondary working conditions. The salary will be based on educational level, knowledge and experiences. As a Lead Structural Engineer you will report directly to the Project Manager. Client is known for its informal working atmosphere where entrepreneurship, involvement and initiative is appreciated.