+31 (0)85 902 36 31
- Address Hoogerheide, Noord Brabant USD Month
With more than 2000 employees Fokker Elmo B.V., part of GKN Fokker Technology, stands for a high level of quality, innovation and excellent performance. Fokker Elmo is a leading player in the design, production and support of electrical cabling interconnection systems (EWIS) for aerospace, space and defense programs. Through their knowledge, experience, tools and processes, Fokker Elmo supports the aircraft and engine programs of their customers.
In light of current wiring programs, the Manufacturing Engineering (ME) department of Fokker
Elmo is seeking to (temporary) expand her workforce with a:
Medior Manufacturing Engineer
Converting design information into implementation instructions and associated logistic parameters for producing (complex) cable harnesses, switch boxes, panels, printed circuits etc. in the most effective and efficient way.
Position within the organisation:
The function holder reports hierarchically, functionally and operationally to the Manufacturing Engineering Teamlead (ME TL).
Skills & description of the Core tasks
- Creating work package parts and instructions;
- Entering and registering changes in the product instructions;
- Delivery of required logistic data;
- Making modification packages;
- Delivery of production support;
- Explain product instructions ready for serial production;
- Making improvement proposals with regard to the production process, methods and techniques;
- Determining necessary materials and tools for production;
- Translating work package parts and instructions in local language;
- Recording the right configuration in documentation;
- Carrying out ME related improvement projects;
- Preparing, controlling and supporting the transfer of production activities between sites.
The Medior Manufacturing Engineer (MME) controls all core tasks of the result areas described. From these tasks, the emphasis will be on performing, analyzing and monitoring. In addition, providing technical support and solving technical problems for production on site.
- Communication with ME TL in the field of planning and progress of ME activities;
- Communication with Logistics in the field of material lists and logistic parameters;
- Communication with Configuration Management (CM) on changes;
- Communication with the Chief Manufacturing Engineer (CME) in the area of customer
- Communicate with (English-speaking) customers in the field of technology;
- Communication with Manufacturing Engineers in foreign sites in the technical field;
- Communicating with the Engineering department about feasibility of the engineering data;
- Communication with production, ME and Design Engineering (DE) within their own field the relevant project / program;
- Internationally oriented.
Communication in other languages
- Communication in foreign languages: English (both orally and in writing).
Authorization & Responsibility
Is authorized :
- Preparing and collecting necessary information for the purpose of drafting work package parts,
- instructions and modification packages;
- Filling databases for the creation of work package components, instructions, modification
- packages and first product control;
- Proposing necessary materials and tools for production;
- Create and check work package parts, instructions, additional program specific guidelines,
- modification packages, procedures and reports;
- Determine document and production work package configuration;
- Extracting, checking and entering logistic data;
- Design, determine and prescribe required materials and tools for production;
- Creating and controlling a data package for outsourced work, and supporting these outsourcing;
- Preparation, execution and monitoring of the first product inspection (First Article Inspection);
- Checking improvement proposals regarding the production process, methods and techniques;
- Approving the product design during the change phase in the field of design for manufacturing;
- Drafting and controlling the Manufacturing (Engineering) process control (APQP/PPAP)
- Providing KPI information regarding technical compliance;
- Releasing work package parts.
- The quality and completeness of the work package parts and instructions;
- The timely delivery of the work package parts and instructions;
- That the work package parts and instructions are in line with the customer specifications and are
- set up in line with the defined ME standards;
- That the logistic data are correct and complete;
- The correct tools and settings are specified;
- Quality and completeness of a data package for outsourced work;
- The technical assessment of product or process deviations;
- Recognize and record Risks related to ME and production processes.
- Basic knowledge of the entire ME and ME CAD process;
- Completed MBO 4 training, preferably Technically related;
- Knowledge of the applicable quality systems and standards within the Aerospace;
- Knowledge in the field of tools and applications for ME and production.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a similar position.
- Accuracy, quality awareness, Independence & result-oriented.
- This position can be fulfilled on either employee or contract base.
WFS PRO takes care of the hiring process of this position. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Maurice Taks (+31 6 15341393). If you want to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com