Avion Group(www.aviongroup.aero) serves an international customer base with simulation products and pilot training. The company activities include professional flight training and the building and operation of flight simulators and simulator centers globally. All these subsidiaries; Avion Simulators, Avion Training, Avion Lease and the Simliner training centers are part of Avion Group, located in Nieuw-Vennep, the Netherlands. Avion Group was founded in 2015 and has since proven to be an innovative yet cost-effective player in the aerospace industry both in their products as in their services.
Avion Grouphas been expanding rapidly and is now looking for a:
Performance Software Engineer
Location: Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
About the job
Avion Simulators BV is looking for a Sr. Performance Software Engineer to implement aircraft performance systems for the Airbus A320 Full Flight Simulator. Performance systems include models for aircraft aerodynamics, equations of motion, ground reaction and engines.
- Implement model specifications from aircraft manufacturer into Matlab Simulink models.
- Integrate and maintain Natural Flight Loop (NFL) package from aircraft manufacturer.
- Develop, run and tune QTGs to pass FFS Level D requirements.
Required Skills and experience
- Master’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years of experience as a simulation performance software engineer for a flight simulator manufacturer.
- Experience with software development for Windows and Linux Platforms.
- Experience with Matlab Simulink modelling.
- Experience with the development of a QTG package for a flight simulator.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to mentor colleagues and lead by example.
- Strong work ethic: comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to maximize productivity.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with programming in C / C++.
- Demonstrated experience with Airbus NFL package.
- Experience with the design and development phases of a flight simulator product, up to qualification.
- Deep understanding of aircraft engine models.
- Previous experience with implementing models for equation of motion and atmosphere.
- Ability to develop simulation models for performance related aircraft systems (ATA22, 27, 28, 32 and 7x).
- Experience with Python and LateX is a plus.
What does it mean to work for Avion Group?
- A challenging job in a successful and entrepreneurial environment where initiative and a high degree of freedom in acting are basic principles
- Great influence and responsibility on the outcome of technically challenging projects
- Based on your current experience, Avion Group offers a personal training plan based on company strategy, your ambitions and interests.
Do you think you meet the criteria and are you up for a new challenge? Please send your resume and motivation letter to Maurice Taks (firstname.lastname@example.org). WFS PRO is taking care of the recruitment process. Any questions or need more info? Feel free to call Maurice Taks +31 (6) 15341393