For our client Proponent, based in Alphen aan den Rijn, WFSPRO is looking for an experienced Product Manager
As a Product Manager working at Proponent, you are responsible for optimizing and developing your assigned product groups and suppliers. You will manage supplier
relationships and implement a range of tools and reports to grow your lines. In this position you will work closely together with the Sales teams, Purchasing colleagues and the Business Intelligence group to meet business goals. Moreover, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself in the areas of relationship management, CRM, big data usage, Category & Assortment Management and Supplier Service Innovation. You will be joining a team of experienced Product Managers, half of which reside in the US. This position reports to the Director of Product Management in Alpen a/d Rijn, The Netherlands.
- Are responsible for building relationships with key supplier stakeholders and serving as a trusted and collaborative partner
- Create value by improving product line revenue and market share, delivering market intelligence and spotting opportunity, improving ROI and helping to ensurequality and delivery standards
- Manage and communicate the financial performance of product lines including performance-to-budget, ROI, margin, and macro inventory levels
- Manage the product assortment and strategic pricing strategy by analyzing industry trends, customer requirements, and market/competitor data for strategic product intelligence and by determining opportunities for increasing sales and performance
- Lead the strategic and entrepreneurial development efforts of product lines including investments, appropriate risk-taking, and growth efforts
- Provide technical product support to internal and external customers, including providing guidance in response to customer inquiries, LTA proposals, and RFQ’s and serve as the technical liaison between suppliers, the market, and the organization
- Lead the organization toward opportunity through product training, campaigns, tools and business intelligence reporting, directing consultations and support for
- Sales and Business Development, and through other efforts aimed at initiating and building awareness within the organization for product line potential, innovative solutions, opportunities and challenges
- Manage various projects as required to meet customer, supplier and organizational needs
Qualifications / Requirements for success
We are seeking the following skillset for this position:
- At least 5 years of experience in a Product Manager position (or similar such as Program Management, Supplier Management, Business Development), preferably in an aerospace or distribution environment
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Economics, Aviation or Supply Chain Management
- Ability to comprehend and analyse extensive sources of data. Thus, we expect you to have advanced reporting & analytical skills and proven experience with Access and Excel
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills to converse professionally with suppliers, internal customers and other stakeholders. This includes the confidence and professionalism to be persuasive and negotiate for win-win outcomes and the ability to develop strong relationships. Besides English language skills, proficiency in another language such as French or German would be an asset
- Structured and controlled approach, but with entrepreneurship
- Ability to travel from time to time, to visit our suppliers & attend tradeshows
What do we offer
- Fulltime employment (40 hours per week) in Alphen aan den Rijn
- A challenging and dynamic (international) environment where you can develop yourself depending on your ambitions & interests
- A salary which conforms to market standards
- Pension scheme, holiday allowance and 28 or more holidays per year
- Great learning resources and access to a comprehensive E-learning system
- Participation in our global profit-sharing plan
- Participation in our global Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- The opportunity to join a global company with enthusiastic and loyal employees
Proponent® is the world’s largest independent distributor of commercial aircraft parts, serving the MRO, OEM and airline markets. With over 600 employees at 11 facilities worldwide, we think and operate on the global scale of aerospace.
Modern aircraft are some of the most complex machines ever engineered, with millions of components from countless suppliers. With over 45 years of experience, we work to simplify your aftermarket needs with fast, reliable delivery of critical parts, and custom solutions to improve overall efficiency.
Proponent isn’t just a name, it’s our mission statement. We are committed to contributing to the success of our customers and suppliers. We work to address your unique business challenges and goals with unmatched agility and industry-leading customer service.
From the boardroom to the warehouse, we delight in taking care of the details that keep planes in the air. See what’s possible with a proponent on your side.
For more information, please visit www.Proponent.com
How to apply
Are you excited by this job opportunity? Please respond for this job opening by submitting your CV and letter of motivation by e-mail before the 1stof April to firstname.lastname@example.org Maurice Taks of WFS PRO is acting on behalf of Proponent and can be contacted through email or phone (+31 06-15341393) in case of questions / remarks. Please note: the selection procedure will consist out of several interviews with the possibility of an assessment.