Fokker Services is part of GKN Aerospace, which develops and produces advanced components and systems for the aerospace industry, and supplies integrated maintenance services and products to aircraft owners and operators. Fokker Services has worldwide 600 employees at locations in the Netherlands, USA and Singapore and delivers logistic programs, engineering services and component repairs for different aircraft platforms.
Our Ambition: “Being the world’s most innovative aerospace service provider of affordable and reliable availability solutions to airlines, OEM’s and MRO’s” Today, Fokker Services has earned its position as unique and valuable partner for the global aerospace industry, supporting a large fleet of various aircraft types.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified candidate for a Project Manager Engineering opening to join our organization in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
Project Manager Engineering Location: Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
In this role you have the opportunity to turn challenging & complex projects within our Engineering organization into a success. Together with three other Project Managers you will become part of our Project Management Organization (PMO). This is a full-time position.
As a Project Manager you are responsible for the operational, technical and financial results of the assigned projects or subprojects. In this position your main responsibilities and duties are:
- Compiling and managing project and / or program teams for the engineering, implementation and handling of projects and / or programs.
- Modification projects, both within Engineering and beyond, where several projects are managed simultaneously.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and supervision of the assigned projects and programs as well as for internal and external outsourcing.
- Planning the activities and monitoring progress in terms of time, budget, technology and quality.
- Taking care of and presenting internal and external management reports including the organization of project and design reviews.
- Acquisition support through participation in a proposal team where you as project manager efficiently and effectively manage the Statement of Work and take care of calculations and project plans.
- Making a very active contribution to the further professionalization of project management within Engineering and Fokker Services as a total.
- You have an enthusiastic work attitude and you are a driven personality with good analytical skills. Logical thinking, proactive, systematic, out-of-the-box & goal orientating acting is in your genes. You work by the principle “a deal is a deal”;
- You are a communicatively leading strong personality;
- You are able to build long-lasting relationships with internal & external stakeholders;
- You have demonstrable managerial, coaching and management skills.
- You have knowledge of / and experience with risk management, financial budgeting, cost price calculation and supply chain management. You preferably gained this experience within the following industries: Aerospace, Ship-building, infrastructure & civil and/or Automotive (engineering & manufacturing).
- You are able to and / or have experience with managing several projects at the same time;
- You are able to travel and work onside on a project location once a while (approximately 10 to 15% of your time)
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both in speech and in writing;
- Bachelor or Master in a technical and / or business administration direction, preferably supplemented with project management related courses.
Your Take-off & Route:
The application period for this position ends on the 27th of May 2019, after which the selection process will be completed in June 2018. The start of the Project Manager Engineering’s mission is planned for July / August 2019.
The Fokker Services organization exudes a passion for technology and our employees are rightfully proud of what they develop and build. Fokker Services has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer a challenging position, a great team, development & training, and exciting opportunities to further enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
The recruitment and selection of the Project Manager Engineering is carried out by Maurice Taks of WFS PRO BV. You can send your application (cv with motivation letter) to email@example.com. For more information about the position, please contact Maurice Taks on +31 (0) 6 15341393.
“All personal data that you provide during this recruitment procedure will be handled carefully in accordance with the GDPR”.