+31 (0)85 902 36 31
Project Manager Repair Development
KLM Engineering & Maintenance (E&M) has approximately 5,000 employees and is the third business of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, next to passenger transport and cargo. KLM E&M is one of the largest aircraft maintenance providers affiliated to an airliner in the world. KLM E&M provides customized maintenance, repair and overhaul services including Airframe Care, Component Care and Engine Care. Other services include maintenance management, engineering and worldwide line maintenance. KLM E&M is a center of excellence for Boeing 737, Boeing 747, CF6 and CFM56. Additionally KLM E&M provides technical training, component availability and maintenance. At KLM E&M, we work on our own fleet but we also work on the aircrafts, engines and components of our 200 customers worldwide.
Where will you land?
The Repair Lab! To support effective repair processes, the company is looking for opportunities to bring more capabilities in-house and to be less dependent on OEM support. Repair lab is the focus team within KLM E&M, working on repair development for components, cabin & airframe. This team momentarily consisting out of 20 highly skilled specialist, is growing rapidly and is working closely with shop engineering and design engineering to realise these capabilities. To further accelerate development, the team is looking for a person with experience in out-of-manual repair development and certification!
The Project Manager Repair Development provides sustaining effort for repair design and repair development to lower the cost of ownership for Air France Industries (AFI) / KLM components & parts (focus on cabin) by initiation and execution of new repair developments. Work requires application of standards (FAA & EASA) in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks being repair design, test, substantiation and industrialization.
Your main tasks:
Lower cost of ownership for AFI / KLM components & parts
- Via repair design or development projects on high cost parts
- By improving repair yield on parts
- Increase return on investments and reduce time to market
Execute the complete process of repair design
- Prepare, issue and execute formalities at relevant authorities
- Prepare, issue and execute repair design and development proposal (10 to 15 a year)
- Update / Implementation of the different working process within the involved departments
Position AFI / KLM E&M as a professional, innovative and effective Repair Design organization
- By training and managing the involved KLM team (5 to 6 engineers) on repair design and repair development in regards to components & parts (knowledge transfer), to a level that is matches with the knowledge & experience level of the Airframe Repair Design and Repair Development team
- By building a solid reputation as a Parts & Components Repair Design and Development team
- By becoming an authority in the international Repair Design community
- By continuously inspiring and motivating mechanics, engineers and production leaders to make the impossible happen
- By using and/or building a solid network of experts in- and outside AFI KLM E&M in order to run design projects fast and efficiently.
- Components & parts repair design and test experience (more than 5 years) within a Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul environment. Specially focused on out of manual repairs.
- Experience with Part-21 regulation to facilitate the implementation of the rules related to the approval of changes to operational suitability data (OSD)
- Proven record of OEM manual / documentation experience
- Knowledge of EASA / FAA regulation and especially CS 25 and CS-E (or FAA equivalent) certification specification, DOA, airworthiness regulation and applicable design approval process
- Knowledge of 3D CAD system and engineering software
- Proven Statistical background / Green or Blackbelt certified is a plus
- Leadership & Project Management skills
- Proficiency in English language
- Willingness to travel frequently (short periods, normally up to two times a month)
- Furthermore you have a “down to earth” mentality and a strong will to succeed!
As well as an atmosphere that’s always inspiring and international, we can offer you the following
- An attractive gross salary up to 5.550 euro a month
- 13th month and bonus (based on company performance)
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 additional days
- Excellent pension scheme
- A job at the cutting edge when it comes to technology
- Extensive study and training opportunities for further personal development
- Great employee benefits, including reductions on flight tickets
- Visa arrangement & Relocation package are possible
Ready for your next destination?
WFS PRO takes care of the hiring process of this position. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Maurice Taks (+31 6 15341393). If you want to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Further information with regards to the recruitment procedure:
- interviews are planned in January/February 2020. Start is planned in March/April 2020.
- The selection procedure may include a case, file check and assessment.