+31 (0)85 902 36 31
Our client focuses on selling a number of core products, namely Combatants and Naval Auxiliaries. These products and tenders to customers are brought about by the Products & Proposals Department. Designing, estimating, applying research results and improving our products takes place in a dynamic team, just as supporting marketing and sales in consultation with clients and partners in the Netherlands and abroad.
What will you do
The ILS engineer (proposals) plays a role in both ship new building proposals for the integrated logistic part of the proposal as well as for Service / Refit proposals. This often requires thinking outside the box in the development of the proposals, to meet customer requirements and in the long run to increase customer satisfaction. The ILS Engineer shall be required to provide insight into enhancements (functional and technical subject matter expertise) to contribute to the development Naval Life Cycle Support strategies.
- Supports and takes ownership of ILS proposals to drive targeted results for schedule, quality and cost;
- Working in accordance to client specific requirements, shipyard processes and agreements with relevant stakeholders and departments within the company;
- Maintain and professionalize the ILS and Naval Services proposals to maintain and enhance the quality standards;
- Drive new thoughts in approach, process and methodology, while respecting the work and processes of the past;
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the end-users;
- Being in full compliance with the business rules which are set by the yard;
- Drafting ILS/ NLCS proposals (specification and price) for the Proposal Manager is day-to-day work;
- Driving results through accountability.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant technical study at Bachelor Level (Mechanical engineering, Shipbuilding, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance and /or ILS methodologies gained in the Defense or within a complex technical environment
- Operational / Logistic experience in the Naval domain is considered a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in development & execution of ILS packages within a complex technical and/ or Defense environment or maintenance related departments and/or projects
- Experience in working with cross functional and cultural teams
- The ability to build coalitions internally and with other (inter)national Shipyard Group entities and/or external suppliers to achieve common goals
- Basic knowledge of marine engineering/mechanical engineering is a plus
- Experience in producing proposals, preferable in de field of maintenance and/or ILS;
- Good command of English language (written & verbal);
- Willing to travel frequently.
Do you fit the profile and are you interested for the role as Proposal Engineer ILS. Please contact Rein van de Ven of WFS PRO B.V. You can send your resume and letter of motivation to email@example.com. For more information about the position, please contact rein +31 (0)6 46260431.