For our client Proponent based in Alphen aan den Rijn, We are looking for an experienced
Purchasing Agent / Material Manager
In this position, the Purchasing Agent supports the global organization in the timely ordering and replenishment of materials for the aircraft part assortments which support the sales organization. Each Purchasing Agent has his own defined group of suppliers and is responsible for evaluating quotations, negotiating pricing and deliveries, and employing professional purchasing practices with the end in mind of ensuring consistent, cost-effective, timely and high quality value delivery.
- Identifying commodity and quantity, supply or service needed by utilizing available resources such as in-house reports, historical purchasing data, the Sx.Enterprise (Trend) system, Long Term Contracts, the Economical Order Quantity (EOQ) calculation, worksheet, drawings, blueprints, purchase planners, data sheets, and material and design, as requested,
- Place replenishment orders, as needed,
- Minimize inbound freight costs from suppliers,
- Identify and research alternative suppliers and jointly evaluate and approve with Product Management,
- Review replenishment report and follow-up on backorders and outstanding issues,
- Maintain complete and accurate purchasing information in all company databases and files,
- Respond to and resolve stock outs, spikes in usage, supplier breakdowns, and vendor non-conformance issues on a daily basis,
- Provide prompt, courteous, collaborative and thorough responses to all inquiries from vendors and/or company personnel,
- Ensure the timely processing of spot buy quotes (transactional quotes only),
- Lead relationships with service suppliers, as needed,
- Analyze costs and benefits of approved supplier options, make final selection of commodity and place orders,
- For the long-term contracts expiring within the current fiscal year, support during the review and re-bid process as necessary to maintain a competitive price structure, as required.
Qualifications / Requirements for success
What we believe is the right skill set to be successful in this position:
- At least 5 years of experience in a procurement/buyers position, preferably in a parts manufacturing or distribution environment,
- An Associate’s Degree (MBO / HBO) or similar,
- Strong track record of sourcing skills and math skills,
- Ability to comprehend technical data,
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills to converse professionally with suppliers, internal customers and other stakeholders. This includes the confidence and professionalism in communication to be persuasive and negotiate for win-win outcomes and the ability to develop strong relationships,
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills. Must be self-motivated and able to proactively manage time to meet deadlines and commitments,
- Proactive and resourceful with effective problem solving skills, research, analysis and decision making skills,
- Computer savvy, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, ERP /MRP programs (you will work in SX.e), and common Procurement Applications.
What do we offer
- Fulltime employment (40 hours per week) in Alphen aan den Rijn,
- A challenging and dynamic (international) environment where you can develop yourself depending on your ambitions & interests,
- A market conform salary,
- Pension scheme, holiday allowance and 28 holidays per year or more,
- Great learning potential and access to a fantastic E-learning system,
- Participation in our global profit sharing plan,
- Participation in our global Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP),
- Joining a global company with enthusiastic and loyal employees.
Proponent® is the fresh new identity representing not only the expertise of Kapco Global and Avio-Diepen as one united company, but also the unique capabilities and perspective that the organization brings to the aerospace market. In addition to over 115 years of collective experience in supporting the MRO, OEM and airline markets, our organization has a history of offering innovative inventory and supply chain management solutions to both OEM and aftermarket customers. Proponent® combines the scale and agility of two of the world’s largest independent aircraft parts distribution businesses with the passion, proficiency and know-how of a team dedicated to comprehensive customer service and innovative personalized solutions. Proponent® is an employee-owned company, with 600 staff operating out of 12 facilities in 8 countries across the globe. For more information, please visit www.Proponent.com
How to apply
Are you excited by this job opportunity? Please respond for this job opening by submitting your CV and letter of motivation by e-mail before the 21stof January firstname.lastname@example.org. Maurice Taks, Managing Partner WFS PRO is acting on behalf of Proponent and can be contacted through email or phone (+31 06-15341393) in case of questions / remarks. Please note: the selection procedure will consist out of several interviews with the possibility of an assessment.