Our client represents top-quality expertise in materials, production, and technology in the areas of automotive technology, steel/tube, and distribution. They offer development services in market segments such as Automotive, Public Transportation, Commercial Vehicles, Ship Building and Industry. With more than 750 employees at 12 locations in Europe, they create innovative engineering solutions for their customers.
Now they are looking for a (Senior) Automotive Process Engineer,
• Define Production Strategy for the programs
• Drive the DFA/DFM activities to come to an optimal design for the operations through:
◦ Establishing input for the GD&T process
◦ Establish a min. of components into the product together with the product design team
◦ Establish production criteria
• Drive and define the PFMEA to identify all risks for production and define a risk mitigation plan.
• Define requirements for new equipment in consultation with Process engineer controls, operations and purchasing
• Define processes to be used in the production line together with the product engineers and colleague process engineer
• Define the plan for equipment sourcing (turnkey or managed) together with purchasing
• Responsible for equipment definition, management and installation
• Responsible to achieve process capability at the end of the project
• Responsible for the preparation of documentation (Control plan, Visual instructions) for internal users
• Preparing trainings for internal users of installed equipment
• Define a road map for coming developments (in consultation with advanced engineering) inside the discipline and the required steps
• Research and development on selected processes to come to a higher automation level for production
• Research to alternative equipment types for more strategic advantages for the company regarding costs, reusability and life time
• Research to the possibilities to increase the number of in-sourced activities and starting with pilot project to come to new standard modules. For example seal applications or other processes
• Finished degree education in Mechanical or Automotive engineering on a BSc or MSc level
• Minimum 2 years of experience in development & implementation of serial production equipment
• Capable of project management of large production line development & implementation process
• Experienced in pFMEA, DFA/DFM, documenting equipment specifications, project planning, documenting work instructions, error proofing and Six Sigma tools such as MSA, capability studies, gage R&R and Pareto analysis
• Language skills need to be good in English and preferably be good in German as well.
• Team player mentality
• Willing to travel frequently & sometimes for longer periods
• Taking ownership, performance driven, no 9 to 5 attitude
Are you interested? This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and creative individual.
For further questions please contact us and apply for this job!