+31 (0)85 902 36 31
For one of our partners in Maritime we’re seeking for an experienced Specification Mechanical Engineer.
The Marine & Propulsion department within engineering is responsible for specification, selection and integration of mechanical systems installed on ships based upon specifications, regulations and in close cooperation with suppliers, purchasing, sales and other departments. The scope envelops all complex mechanical systems like propulsion, auxiliary systems and HVAC.
The department Marine & Propulsion department is the part of engineering that determines the mechanical systems, integrates the propulsive drive line into the vessel, provides the necessary technical diagrams, routes the piping, tubing and cabling in the vessel. They also carry out and supports external parties during the 2D detail design phase and provide support to the yard during the build phase on all above subjects.
What will you do
As Specification Engineer you will be responsible for the accurate execution, reporting and documentation of the above tasks during basic engineering, detailed engineering and build phase of the ship at the yard. You will report hierarchically to the line manager of the department and operationally to the project manager engineering of the project to which you are located to. You will be consulting and supporting the purchasing department on technical matters. Furthermore you support your colleagues on the yard during the building process of our vessels. The activities will mainly take place at our offices in Vlissingen, the Netherlands.
- Gathering of relevant technical information of the mechanical systems
- Dimension and sizing calculations
- Writing of technical specifications based upon contract specification, rules, regulations and applicable standards
- Corresponding with suppliers and other stakeholders in either Dutch and/or English
- Discussions and negotiations with suppliers to determine final technical specifications
- Technical evaluation of systems offered by suppliers
- Preparation of the purchase orders in cooperation with the purchasing department
- Final inspection at supplier
- Technical support to the yard during installation, commissioning and trials
- Prioritization on actions to be executed
- Maintaining procedures and regulations.
Skills and Experience
- A technical Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Marine engineering
- Affinity with and/or experience within the maritime industry
- Dutch and English both verbal and written
- design in 3D (NUPAS/CADMATIC)
- Decisive and structured way of working
- Able to identify issues and priorities.
Besides the above you are a true team player, able to independently carry out tasks, you possess strong communication skills and are cost-conscious.
Do you fit the profile and are you interested for the role as Specification Mechanical Engineer. Please contact Rein van de Ven of WFS PRO B.V. You can send your resume and letter of motivation to email@example.com. For more information about the position, please contact rein +31 (0)6 46260431.