+31 (0)85 902 36 31
- Address Papendrecht, the Netherlands USD Month
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
Technical Support Engineer NH90 program
About the program
The NH90 Helicopter program is an European defense programs, with France, Italy, Germany and The Netherlands as launching customers. The companies Leonardo, Airbus Helicopters and GKN Aerospace (formerly Fokker Technologies) have participated in a joined venture named NHI, located in Aix en Provence (Fr) and are since 2000 jointly responsible for the Design & Development of the NH90 program. The helicopter is produced at various final assembly lines throughout Europe. Today more than 420 NH90 helicopters are fielded at the various forces in the world. All customers are support in their operation in an attempt to keep the fleet availability as high as possible. For this NHI and partner companies (PC) has set have set-up a support organization in which each partner company has been delegated a number of countries to support in name of NHI. Each PC had to set-up or integrate NH90 Support Engineers in their Customer Support Organization.
About the GKN NH90 team
The Technical Support team for the NH90 program consist out of a Technical Support Lead and four to five Technical Support Engineers. The Technical Support report to the ILS Engineering Lead (ILS Manager).
About the position
As our technical support engineer you provide in-service solutions taking into account airworthiness and qualification requirements. You specific duties are:
- You coordinate and answer technical queries from NH90 helicopter operators. Substantiate similarity of a technical solution to different variants / cases. This includes status and monitoring.
- You provide input & coordinate creation of Repair Design Approval Sheets (RDAS) together with Sustaining Engineers
- You support and deputize the NH90 Product Support manager & Service Bulletin (SB) Focal Point in his/her daily activities.
- You continuously support the improvement of the NH90 product & services and the GKN Aerospace technical support process.
- You providing input to GKN Aerospace configuration management process
- You represent GKN Aerospace on international levels
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- you have an intermediate/higher vocational education level (Technical College / Bachelor) preferable in a technical (Aerospace) background or equivalent in working experience.
- you have at least 1-3 years of experience with technical customer support, preferable in the Aerospace or Defense industry.
- You are customer and service oriented, with a pro-active attitude and determination to provide excellent customer service in an (international political) environment with many stakeholders.
- You are able to build up good and sustainable (international) relations.
- You must speak and write Dutch & English proficiently.
- You have strong analytical capabilities and enjoy solving issues.
- You enjoy and are able to work either standalone and as part of a team.
An innovative and international environment in which we work in a High Tech organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft design, manufacturing and maintenance. Within GKN Aerospace you get every opportunity to build your career and personal development. In addition, we offer attractive employment conditions, including flexible working hours, a competitive salary, profit-related benefit and 40+ vacation days.
How to apply
Are you excited by this job opportunity? Please respond for this job opening by submitting your CV and letter of motivation by e-mail before the 31th of March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maurice Taks of WFS PRO is acting on behalf of GKN Aerospace and can be contacted through email or phone (+31 (0)6 15 34 13 93) in case of questions / remarks.