Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 145 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known worldwide for its quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and commercial sector.
Over the decades the emphasis on quality continued and in 2001 Damen Shipyards Group acquired Royal Schelde along with all of its subsidiaries. Following the acquisition, Damen then introduced its unique, standardised modular construction concept in Vlissingen too, allowing us to offer very fast delivery times.
We have delivered more than 400 vessels since 1875 to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. We have achieved this status by producing vessels that have a lifespan that far exceeds the average by offering cutting-edge technology and the most cost efficient design solutions.
Prepares estimates for new projects. Collects and analyses data in order to estimate project costs and man hours required. Calculates, analyzes, and adjusts estimates and recommends ways to reduce costs. Maintains records of estimated and actual costs.
- Reviews offered specifications of budgets in collaboration with the Proposal Engineer and on the basis of project specifications.
- Requests for manhour costs for projects at internal departments.
- Assesses quotations from suppliers and manhour costs offered by departments.
- Sets up and fills a database with key figures and with technical and purchasing information.
- Drafts integral budgets for quotations for new constructions and refit projects, within the set rules and procedures.
- Identifies missing information and possibilities for cost reduction.
- Analyzes actual incurred costs in projects from which key figures can be generated.
- Works with stakeholders through the project process to achieve market competitive project pricing. This includes coordinating with the purchasing department and providing support to commercial colleagues by providing expert knowledge in the field of both calculation and ship building developments.
- Contributes to the further development of the P&P department.
- Ensure HSEQ policies and procedures are understood and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- A bachelor degree in a technical relevant field (i.e. naval architecture, mechanical engineering or another relevant technical study) or a secondary vocational technical education with extensive experience in cost estimation.
- Experience in budgeting and planning in capital goods. Having experience in the shipbuilding industry isconsidered a plus.
- Up-to-date awareness of sector trends and activities, covering not only calculation, but the wider ship building industry is considered a plus.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
- Open to travel long distances and work abroad.
We highly value our employees and will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefits;
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in this job? Or need more info? Please apply and send your resume to Toon van der Wulp: email@example.com or call him: +31 6 11618742