Are you ready for an absolute challenge in the Marine industry?
We have an open position as Design Engineer Naval at a famous shipbuilder in Vlissingen, the Netherlands.
Do you have a strong affinity for the shipbuilding sector and do you want to be part of an enthusiastic team of Engineers? On board now!
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen, has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 140 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known all over the world for its high quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and civil maritime sector.
The Naval & Structural group is part of the department Engineering. The employees work on project base divided over the various projects, in which they contribute to both basic- and detailed engineering within their field of expertise.
The core; establishing of the Naval design and its development and monitoring during the pre-contract stage. You will perform (sub) product development under the direction of the Product Manager and indications of the Proposal Engineer, write reports and specifications and works closely with other Design Engineers and colleagues assigned to the project. Furthermore you will:
- Perform design and proposal activities in consultation with the proposal engineer;
- Make and create General Plans, perform weight calculations, stability calculations, resistance and propulsion calculations, other main ship balances and evaluation of new (sub) concepts and reporting.
- Proposal Tasks. Writes (request-) specifications for equipment, writing (parts of -) specifications, writing reports, making presentations.
- Internal interfaces. Ensuring timely and effective communication with all relevant stakeholders so that input can be included in the specialized calculations.
- Liaising with internal departments for optimal project results.
- Contributes to the further development of the P&P department.
We are looking for someone who has experience in engineering for naval ships. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- A bachelor or Master degree in Naval architecture, Mechanical Engineering or another relevant Technical Study;
- Experience in hands-on coordinating a design & proposal process;
- Expertise in a variety of design concepts and practices;
- Experience in design & integration of (combat) systems preferably in complex new built naval ships;
- Good command of the Dutch & English language;
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
Pay attention: a thorough background check is included for this procedure. Only EU citizens are able to respond.
The company offers you all necessary training to develop yourself. Furthermore they offer a competitive salary for this position depending on your experience and capabilities and an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Contact Rein van de Ven at WFS PRO. Send your resume and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Need more information, contact Rein +31 (0)6 46260431.