Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, DSNS operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. DSNS is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
Works on a broad variety of tasks in the field of ILS. Works in multi functional teams in order to develop and deliver the ILS products, on time, within budget and within quality standards. Delivers contractual agreed ILS packages and increases customer satisfaction. Contributes to the further development of the strategic ILS (technology) roadmap.
- Delivers ILS products and services within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- ILS products include purchase support, maintenance/LSA including ARM and LCC calculations, supply support, documentation, training and transfer of technology. The specific personal task/role will be defined in the individual yearly target settings.
- Depending on the task/role, the Engineer has regular contacts with internal and external stakeholders.
- The Engineer executes his task/role according to the relevant contractual documents and specifications while constantly remaining critical on the content.
- Assists in drafting and reviewing (part of) ILS proposals.
- Assists in the further improvement and development of ILS products, processes and methodologies.
- Supports and pro-actively coaches the more junior Engineers.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by the company and the end-users.
- Ensures all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned and maintained to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Professional education or similar gained experience on Bachelor or Master level in the field of marine engineering or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of ILS.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in development and execution of ILS packages within a technical and/or MoD environment.
- Alternatively a minimum of two (2) years of experience in maintenance in an engineering environment.
- Preferably a naval background or at least affinity with a naval environment and culture.
- Experience in working in multifunctional and multicultural teams and environments.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal). Additional languages like Spanish and German are an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel (long) distances and work abroad.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Interested in this challenging job?Want more info? Don’t hesitate to contact Toon van der Wulp.
Mobile: +31 6 11618742; Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org