GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, they serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. Their technologies is used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft. GKN Aerospace designs, manufactures and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. They are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching themselves to be better in everything GKN Aerospace does.
In connection with a large-scale refurbishment of their factory in Papendrecht, GKN Aerospace hasasked WFS PRO to recruit a:
Project Engineer Facility & Building
In this hands-on role, you will obtain and process technical information and subsequently translatethis to other (external) parties and check the proposals/designs. Subsequently, you will workalongside the Project Manager and plan and coordinate jobsite activities, monitor subcontractingactivities onsite and support with keeping the refurbishment activities on time and within budget.
Furthermore, you are responsible to:
- Read and interpret project documents and drawings;
- Advise manufacturing engineers with the set up of process flows based on facility and buildingrequirements;
- Maintain compliance with construction codes and safety regulations;
- Coordinate document processes, submittals, RFIs, and project reporting;
- Set up and manage production planning and coordinate execution of activities;
- Provide the key link between GKN Aerospace and third party contractors;
- Identify and troubleshoot on-the-spot jobsite issues.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor Degree or Master Degree, inConstruction/Civil/Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- 5-10 years of working experience in the industrial engineering – construction field (in regards to highly complex production surroundings) is required for this position;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with construction projects (preferably Brown field);
- Experience working in environments with multiple stakeholders;
- Experience of working within a large multinational organization;
- Knowledge of construction technology, construction management and CAD software;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Yessica Wiersma +31 (0)6 19 60 54 70./ [email protected]