Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen, has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 140 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known all over the world for its high quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and civil maritime sector.
The Electrical & Automation department is part of the multidisciplinary Engineering department and responsible for the design, specification, selection and integration of all electrical and automation systems on board of our vessels. These systems are very extensive and include electrical power distribution, lighting, platform automation, navigation, communication, networking and IT systems and much more. All systems are based upon Client requirements and applicable rules & regulations, while they are engineered in close cooperation with suppliers, co-makers and other departments.
The main activities within this department are:
- Requirements Engineering and development of conceptual system designs.
- Development of technical specifications for (subcontracted) systems.
- Technical review of offers from suppliers and co-makers, together with the procurement department.
- Development of functional system descriptions and diagrams.
- Integration of electrical parts and systems in close cooperation with the main co-makers.
- Management of all electrical/data interfaces between (subcontracted) systems.
- Routing of cables in a 3D CAD environment.
- Development and review of test protocols.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests for main subcontracted systems.
- Support the building yard during production and commissioning till delivery of the vessel.
- Contribute to design studies and proposals for new projects.
You will be working on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Electrical Engineering and will be involved from the very first (proposal) phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the requested engineering deliverables. You will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans.
- Perform the required technical calculations to prove the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents.
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Contribute to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in Electrical Engineering or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the design and installation of complex Electrical systems.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of electrical installations, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experienced in the design of (high voltage) Power Distribution systems.
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliancy precautions.
- Used to work on Class-regulated products.
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Experienced to work in complex project environments.
- Prepared to work on other locations than the regular office location, in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Good command of Dutch and English language, preferably also German (written & verbal).
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefit;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Interested in this job?Or need more info? Please send your resume to Toon van der Wulp; firstname.lastname@example.org or call him +31611618742.
Toon van der Wulp