Are you ready for an absolute challenge in the Marine industry?
We have an open position as Senior Outfitting Engineer at a famous shipbuilder in the Netherlands (Rotterdam area).
Do you have a strong affinity for the shipbuilding sector and do you want to be part of an enthusiastic team of Engineers? On board now!
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen, has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 140 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known all over the world for its high quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and civil maritime sector.
The Naval & Structural group is part of the department Engineering. The employees work on project base divided over the various projects, in which they contribute to both basic- and detailed engineering within their field of expertise.
In this position you will be responsible for the correct execution of the engineering activities related to the outfitting area like; floors, walls, ceilings, layout of accommodations and other technical spaces. From basic engineering until detailed design. You, together with your team of enthusiastic engineers will perform the following duties:
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required information, such as, plans and complicated arrangements. technical specifications, system descriptions, Verification & Validation documents;
- Execute the engineering outfitting activities with the 2D and 3D CAD tools;
- Participate in the Product & Proposal phase;
- Verifies technical data of vendors and subcontractors;
- Performs technical analysis on received offers under supervision of the Team Lead;
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer;
- Offers technical support or commissioning activities;
- Contributes to the further development of the Naval & Structural Engineering department;
- Develop and describe standards;
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
We are looking for someone who has experience in engineering for the outfitting of ships. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Completed a BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar;
- Minimum of five (5) year experience in the engineering of Outfitting systems;
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of Outfitting systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations;
- Knowledge of 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or Catia;
- Experienced with Class- and Statutory regulations;
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness;
- Experienced to cooperate with vendors and subcontractors;
- Good command of the English language;
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
Pay attention: a thorough background check is included for this procedure. Only EU citizens are able to respond.
The coMpany offers you all necessary training to develop yourself. Furthermore they offer a competitive salary for this position depending on your experience and capabilities and an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Contact Rein van de Ven at WFS PRO. Send your resume and letter of motivation to email@example.com. Need more information, contact Rein +31 (0)6 46260431.