Conscious Aerospace BV
The world around us is changing, more and more we are facing the effects of climate change, a change is needed. No, a change is crucial! For the aerospace industry this means developing & implementing manners of propulsion with a limited or zero carbon footprint.
We are awake, we aware, we are Conscious Aerospace! The Dutch tier 1 company, located in Ypenburg – The Netherlands, that will deliver its first Hydrogen Aircraft Powertrain and Storage Systems retrofit kit by 2028. Join us on our journey to a future green aviation! For more information please check our website: http://www.consciousaerospace.com/
Conscious Aerospace is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Engineer Thermal Management, Hydrogen Powertrain, in our Engineering department.
You will play a key role in the development & integration of Hydrogen Powertrain technologies in a variety of aerospace applications. You will be part of a highly motivated team working in a fast-paced environment delivering pioneering engineering solutions.
With a strong theoretical background, you will support the department and work with design, continuous improvement activities, technology solution in simulation and testing activities on their product development. Specifically:
– Definition of thermal loads balancing (power and cooling) methods.
– Management and execution of heat transfer analysis.
– Flow analysis for associated systems.
– Modelling and simulation.
– Qualification, certification and verification planning.
– Support development of plans, programs and statements of work.
– Identifying improvements/opportunities to optimise/reduce heat loads
– Developing thermal management requirements (including also size, weight and power) down to equipment/component level
– Deliver work to agreed time, cost and quality. Report progress and raise issues to manager
– Lead and contribute to meetings and present work to customer, management and other stakeholders
– Bachelor / Master Degree in a related engineering field;
– Experience in the aeronautics industry is an advantage;
– Ability to manage engineering tasks and develop solutions across a number of engineering stakeholders with minimal supervision;
– Knowledge of managing thermal aspects within the design of aircraft at overall system and sub-system levels (preferably within a Fuel cell environment);
– Experience of decomposing thermal requirements from overall system down to equipment-component level;
– Knowledge of testing and qualification techniques for thermal aspects on component and system level;
– Familiarity with Model Based System Engineering methods and specifically thermal analysis tools is highly desirable;
– Strong communication and networking skills essential;
– Ability to coach other staff in thermal management tools and techniques.
What we offer:
• Contributing to realize the vision on true zero emission aviation: a revolution in the aerospace!
• An inspiring working environment in a highly motivated team with mixed experiences and backgrounds;
• Market competitive salary and secondary conditions;
• Long term cooperation with continuous professional development.
Ready for take-off?
Information with regards to the recruitment procedure: interviews are planned until December. Start is scheduled for Q1-2023. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Maurice Taks, +31(0)615341393. If you want to apply, please send your resume to [email protected]