Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen, has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 140 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known all over the world for its high quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and civil maritime sector.
Analyze and assess specifications, set up, model and revise engineering package(s) and/or integrate systems and supplies, report feedback and support stakeholders on technical aspects and questions within the specialism Marine Engineering and in line with project requirements, customer needs, technical and operations guidelines and regulations in order to contribute to efficient production and to maximise reliability quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of DSNS portfolio
- Analyze and assess specifications and/or technical requirements related to products, systems and processes (materials, quality, environment, health, safety, design optimization, product specifications), perform initial opportunity and risk analyses and propose and/or implement mitigations for any identified risks.
- Set up and model the basic engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and DSNS engineering standards.
- Set up and model the detailed engineering package based on basic engineering package in line with specifications, (shipyard) requirements, applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and DSNS engineering standards.
- Update the basic and/or detailed engineering package and where needed inform, discuss and advise with technical lead, technical specialist and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Support internal and external stakeholders on technical aspects and questions.
- Execute (parts of) projects and/or project design reviews.
- Document (maintenance) activities performed on processes, design status, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses on design and technical progress of documentation.
- Identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, designs, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and, if applicable, ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
- Professional education on intermediate level: related to the marine / mechanical discipline.
- More than 5 years of experience in the engineering of marine/mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or Catia.
- A vast experience (more than 5 years) and broad knowledge of marine/ mechanical systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Good command of the English language (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel and work abroad.
Are you interested in this job? Or need more info? Please apply and send your resume to Toon van der Wulp , email@example.com or call him: +31 6 11618742