Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen, has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 140 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known all over the world for its high quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and civil maritime sector.
Analyze and assess specifications, set up, model and revise engineering package(s) and/or integrate systems and supplies, report feedback and support stakeholders on technical aspects and questions within the specialism Marine Engineering and in line with project requirements, customer needs, technical and operations guidelines and regulations in order to contribute to efficient production and to maximize reliability quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of DSNS portfolio.
- Analyze and assess specifications and/or technical requirements related to products, systems and processes (materials, quality, environment, health, safety, design optimization, product specifications), perform initial opportunity and risk analyses and propose and/or implement mitigations for any identified risks.
- Set up and model the basic engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and DSNS engineering standards.
- Set up and model the detailed engineering package based on basic engineering package in line with specifications, (shipyard) requirements, applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and DSNS engineering standards.
- Update the basic and/or detailed engineering package and where needed inform, discuss and advise with technical lead, technical specialist and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Support internal and external stakeholders on technical aspects and questions 6. Execute (parts of) projects and/or project design reviews.
- Document (maintenance) activities performed on processes, design status, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses on design and technical progress of documentation.
- Identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, designs, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and, if applicable, ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level related to the engineer discipline or proven work skills based upon experience.
- More than 5 years of experience and a vast knowledge of mechanical systems on board complex (Naval) vessels.
- Quality, planning and budget awareness.
- Able to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- A vast experience (more than 5 years) with statutory bodies.
- Proficiency in Dutch & English language written as well as verbal.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in this job? Or need more info? Please apply and send your resume to Toon van der Wulp, email@example.com or call him: +31 6 11618742