Marshall is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea. We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
In 2018 the Marshall won a tender with the Dutch Armed Forces, division DMO (Defensie Materiaal Organisatie), to sustain up to 1500 new container systems. This is part of the project DVOW (Defensiebrede Vervanging Operationele Wielvoertuigen) set-out by DMO, on behalf of the Dutch Armed Forces. These containers that will function as mobile offices and workshops, contain the newest technologies and means of communication, are resistant to eavesdropping and protected against rocket & poison gas attacks. The containers also contain 3000 ‘subsystems’ including air conditioning, humidifiers, diesel heaters and generators.
For the sustainment of the container systems Marshall, in particular the business Unit: Marshall Land Systems (MLS), has set-up a support organization at their Dutch head office, located at former Naval Base Valkenburg. To further expand its support organisation in the Netherlands, Marshall is looking for a:
Systems Engineer, Valkenburg – The Netherlands
We are searching for a Systems Engineer to provide local engineering capabilities for the (re)design of (sub)systems on our containers for the Dutch Armed Forces. The systems you will work are (but not limited to): power, heating, cooling & ventilation, water but also specific more military related systems.
Your engineering activities arise from modification needs but also additions to the containers / container systems. You will closely work with customer stakeholders but also your Marshall colleagues in the Netherlands & UK.
To be successful you will bring a strong engineering/technical background and have experience of:
• Ensuring technical solutions are compliant with requirements and meet customer expectation.
• Ability to engage with multiple engineering disciplines to overcome technical challenges.
• Familiar in use of 3D and 2D CAD software (Inventor, CATIA, AutoCAD).
• Championing continuous improvement initiatives with planning and organisation skills.
• Familiarity with the Military/Defence industries.
• Working through complex engineering issues, providing liaison between all stakeholders.
• Experience with electrical power.
• Experience with Climate control/HVAC systems.
• Experience with IFS and windchill PLM would be an advantage.
• Dutch language skills required, English language skills are preferred.
• A challenging surrounding within a highly motivated and growing team;
• Solid primary & secondary employment conditions
• Where applicable: an induction program and training program
• Team events with the wider Marshall Netherlands team.
Additional Information: If selected you will be offered a fixed term contract, with the possibility of extension / permanent contract
Are you excited by this job opportunity? Please respond for this job opening by submitting your CV and letter of motivation by e-mail before the 1st of November 2022 to [email protected]
Maurice Taks of WFS PRO is acting on behalf of Marshall and can be contacted through email or phone +31 (0)6-15341393 in case of questions / remarks.