GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
The NH90 Helicopter program is an European defense programs, with France, Italy, Germany and The Netherlands as launching customers. The companies Leonardo, Airbus Helicopters and GKN Aerospace (formerly Fokker Technologies) have participated in a joined venture named NHI, located in Aix en Provence (Fr) and are since 2000 jointly responsible for the Design & Development of the NH90 program. The helicopter is produced at various final assembly lines throughout Europe. Today more than 420 NH90 helicopters are fielded at the various forces in the world. All customers are support in their operation in an attempt to keep the fleet availability as high as possible. For this NHI and partner companies (PC) has set have set-up a support organization in which each partner company has been delegated a number of countries to support in name of NHI. Each PC had to set-up or integrate NH90 Support Engineers in their Customer Support Organization.
About the team
The Technical Support team for the NH90 program consist out of a Technical Support Lead and four to five Technical Support Engineers. The Technical Support report to the ILS Engineering Lead (ILS Manager).
As technical support lead you create conceptual deliverables that comply with requirements stipulated by Customer, Airworthiness Authorities and internal standards. You will provide in-service solutions taking into account airworthiness and qualification requirements. In this role you are representing Fokker on international level as single point of contact. You also liaise with internal and external stakeholders on NH 90 technical queries & repair design approvals and continuously support the improvement of the NH90 product & services and the Fokker technical support process. You’ll manage at least 4 team members. Your specific duties are:
- You divide the work in the team and monitors progress
- You assist in helping monthly reporting
- You sign of for each answer provided by other Service Engineers
- You provide correct answering of technical queries from NH90 helicopter operators
- Safeguarding airworthiness and qualification standards
- You provide input to GKN Aerospace configuration management process
- You substantiate the validity of technical solutions for similar cases
- You coordinate/monitor of technical solutions
- You provide input to the Service Bulletin (SB) / RDAS () process
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a technical customer support surrounding, of which a minimum of 1 year in a leading role, preferable in the Aerospace or Defense industry.
- You have successfully completed a technical Bachelor study, preferable in a technical (Aerospace) field.
- You enjoy coaching – leading a small team of motivated technical support engineers.
- You are customer and service oriented, with a pro-active attitude and determination to provide excellent customer service in an (international political) environment with many stakeholders.
- You have strong analytical capabilities and enjoy solving issues.
- You are able to build up good and sustainable (international) relations.
- You must speak and write Dutch and English
An innovative and international environment in which we work in a High Tech organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft design, manufacturing and maintenance. Within GKN Aerospace you get every opportunity to build your career and personal development. In addition, we offer attractive employment conditions, including flexible working hours, a competitive salary, profit-related benefit and 40+ vacation days.
Are you excited by this job opportunity? Please respond for this job opening by submitting your CV and letter of motivation by e-mail before the 31th of March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maurice Taks of WFS PRO is acting on behalf of GKN Aerospace and can be contacted through email or phone (+31 (0)6 15 34 13 93) in case of questions / remarks.