Challenge to contribute to future green aviation!
Become part of the change! High Voltage – High Power (HVHP) Engineer, Components & Electronics (ECE) Design Group.
Location: Hoogerheide, The Netherlands, for time being. GKN Aerospace is in the process of locating all its Dutch aerospace activities on its premises in Papendrecht. GKN Fokker ELMO is expected to have completed this transition by 4th quarter 2023.
GKN Fokker Elmo is a leading player in the design, manufacturing and support for the Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) for Aerospace and Defense programs. Their innovative tools and processes support customers and represent a Unique Selling Point.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading tier one aerospace supplier of systems and components. With over 15,000 employees across 38 manufacturing sites and 4 Global Technology Centers, they serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers with sales of £2.5bn. GKN Fokker Elmo employs >2200 employees worldwide.
The GKN Fokker Elmo Engineering department is looking for an ambitious Engineer who wants to apply his/her strength, interests and ambitions to the development of future Electrical (Wiring) Interconnection Systems for sustainable aircraft. Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) already became more prevalent as part of the More Electric Aircraft, however today the journey to full Electric and Hybrid-Electric aircraft requires the development and application of disruptive EWIS technologies in High Voltage High Power (HVHP) EWIS connections as well as the transmission of data signals.
As a HVHP engineer within the ECE Design Group you will be responsible for supporting the design, specification, development and validation & verification activities on Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) Components and Constructions (components assemblies) in the area of High Voltage/High Power (HVHP) and were needed on Low Voltage EWIS. This may involve activities in performing trade-off studies, advice on selection and qualification of Componentsand Constructions, writing technical reports and specifications and working together with our Senior Design Engineers. In this respect you are involved in the creation of test plans, test samples and the execution of testing in our in-house facility and reporting as well as analysis of the multi-physics behavior of the HVHP products.You will be supported in the development of your specific capabilities needed for the development of HVHP aerospace solutions.
You will report to the Engineering Team Lead (ETL) of the EWIS Components & Electronics (ECE)design group within Engineering. This group consists of 15 – 20 (Senior) Engineers and will grow up to25-30 before the beginning of 2023. The place of work will be at the GKN Fokker Elmo Head Quarters inHoogerheide, The Netherlands and will move in the near future (Q3 – Q4 2023) to Papendrecht, the Netherlands.
- Working on different sustainiable aircraft projects;
- Aerospace Components (Parts and Materials) specifications and contacts with suppliers;
- EWIS (mechanical) construction design;
- Development of High voltage/ high power EWIS design capabilities ofphysics behaviour, multiphysics analysis;
- EWIS Components- and Construction Validation & Verification processes;
- EWIS environmental testing;
- Root cause analysis/ customer technical issue solving;
- Design processes and methods/standards;
- Configuration management process.
- Teamwork: Able to work constructively in a small team taking responsibility for assigned tasks and willing to support other team members in achieving team targets and deadlines;
- Results-driven: Able to plan own work in line with project schedules, and report progress regularly and timely in the event of issues or delays;
- Communication: Fluent English in speech and writing, ability to communicate clearly and concisely (including technical reports) with flair and forthcomingness.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a similar subject field; or an equivalent level obtained through appropriate work experience;
- Combination of practical and theoretical skills;
An innovative and international workplace in a company with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. The company has a passion for technology and their staff is rightly proud of what they develop and build. At GKN Fokker Elmo, you will get every opportunity to build your career and work on your personal development!
Ready for take-off?
Information with regards to the recruitment procedure: interviews are planned untill December. In January or February 2023 we anticipate to start with a group of enthusiastic Design Engineers to enlist in our traineeship.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Puk Steenbergen, +316 27118339. If you want to apply, please send your resume to [email protected]